Based in Breda, The Netherlands
October 10th 2019
Pine is an open world action adventure simulation game. Set in the beautiful world of Albamare, you take on the role of Hue, a smart young adult who will have to explore, trade and fight his way through a stirring ecology filled with creatures much smarter than humans.
After the release of With the Wind, it was time for something more ambitious. Founders Marc and Matthijs were playing around with the idea of adapting AI and how this could work in a highly entertaining action adventure game, rather than a fighting game or simulation game. This was the birth of Pine - an adventure game with a smart simulated ecology that adapts to the player's actions and inactions.
- A seamless open world to explore, filled to the brim with secrets, puzzles and collectibles
- A smart simulated ecology of species who fight each other over food and territory
- A diverse cast of species to befriend or hinder through trading, talking, questing and fighting
- An engaging, physical combat system that feels different in every fight
- A sweeping story of a human tribe at the bottom of the food chain, struggling for survival
Pine - Launch Trailer YouTube
Pine - Teaser Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Winner at the Unity Awards 2016 for Best Student Project" Los Angeles, November 2016
- "Nomination for a Dutch Game Award for Best Student Art Direction" Utrecht, September 2016
- "Winner of the publicly voted Unity Award at Indievelopment 2016" Utrecht, May 2016
- "Highest rated Collective campaign ever" Square Enix Collective, October 2016
- "Official Selection Indie Prize Berlin" Berlin, February 2017
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
Listen now on Other World Ensemble's Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/otherworldensemble/sets/pine.
We create entertainment games with a sincere layer of depth.
More information on Twirlbound, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Timo van Hugten
Matthijs van de Laar
Lead Character Artist
Robin de Jong
(Freelancer) Art Support
Full audio service