Based in Breda, The Netherlands
August 6, 2013
Press / Business contact:
We create entertainment games with a sincere layer of depth.
Founded in 2013 by Marc Peyré and Matthijs van de Laar, the two pre-graduates of an international game development course in the Netherlands set out to make entertainment games for people to enjoy all across the globe. Soon a third member joined: Timo van Hugten would start making those games pretty. As part of their graduation process in 2016, they decided to go out with a bang and kick off their company with an ambitious project: Pine. It would become an action adventure game about adaptation and evolution, in which they simulate a world for the player to enjoy and be a part of. They were joined by Lukas Stolp, Martin Stuurwold, Ilia Tonev and Pascal Vis for this, and the seven of them have been working on it ever since.
Pine - Official Kickstarter Announcement Trailer YouTube
With the Wind - Official Trailer YouTube
There are far more images available for Twirlbound, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Winner of Best Student Project at the Unity Awards 2016 with 'Pine'" - Unity Awards 2016, LA
- "Nominated for a Dutch Game Award for Best Student Art Direction with 'Pine'" - Dutch Game Awards 2016
- "Winner of the Unity Award (public vote) with 'Pine'" - Indievelopment 2016, Utrecht
- "Semi-finalist in the Global Gamejam 2013 at the NHTV Breda location with 'Acidosis'." - Global Gamejam 2013 (theme: Heartbeat)
- "Semi-finalist in the Global Gamejam 2015 at the NHTV Breda location with 'Switch Up!'." - Global Gamejam 2015 (theme: What do we do now?)
Team & Repeating Collaborator
Co-founder, Technical Director
Matthijs van de Laar
Co-founder, Creative Director
Timo van Hugten
Lead Character Artist