Based in Breda, The Netherlands
August 6, 2013
Press / Business contact:
Takkebijsters 17 B3
We craft colorful open world games with a lot of heart.
Twirlbound was founded on the 6th of August 2013 by high school friends Marc Peyré and Matthijs van de Laar while they were both in game dev school, studying for a bachelor’s degree in programming and design and production respectively. During this time, they dabbled in the art and business of game development, while looking for more partners in crime to hit the ground running with their company after graduation. With Pine as their last school project and first commercial project, they continued development on their ambitious open world title, all the while they reached out to a few more ex-classmates who had now gotten some important AAA experience on their portfolios. The 7 of Twirlbound were finally ready to launch their now award-winning open world title in October 2019 to great success. The team knew that the genre and technical niche of open world action adventures is what they wanted to become good at, and they started development on their second title soon after.
Pine - Official Gameplay Trailer YouTube
Pine - Official Nintendo Switch Trailer YouTube
Pine - Official PS4 Trailer YouTube
There are far more images available for Twirlbound, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Winner of Best Student Project at the Unity Awards 2016 with 'Pine'" - Unity Awards 2016, LA
- "Nominated for a Dutch Game Award for Best Student Art Direction with 'Pine'" - Dutch Game Awards 2016
- "Winner of the Unity Award (public vote) with 'Pine'" - Indievelopment 2016, Utrecht
- "Semi-finalist in the Global Gamejam 2013 at the NHTV Breda location with 'Acidosis'." - Global Gamejam 2013 (theme: Heartbeat)
- "Semi-finalist in the Global Gamejam 2015 at the NHTV Breda location with 'Switch Up!'." - Global Gamejam 2015 (theme: What do we do now?)